The Building Codes Department will work to promote and provide sound construction of new and existing structures for the health, safety, and welfare of the general public and the citizens of Laurens County. This will be accomplished through enforcement of state implemented building codes and local ordinances. To this end, the department will strive for excellence in educating it’s employees to provide quality inspections and to make customer service our foremost objective.
Laurens County requires building permits for all new construction, renovations, remodeling, swimming pools, signs and repairs which involve structural measures, plumbing, mechanical and electrical work. The Codes Enforcement Department handles building permits and inspections, plan reviews, mobile home permitting and inspections and nuisance complaints.
· Building Permit Types and Fees
How to Obtain a Mobile Home Permit
· Mobile Home Setup Requirements
· How to Obtain a Commercial Permit
· Commercial Building Permit Application
· How to Obtain a Residential Permit
· Residential Building Permit Application
· Electrical Permit Application
· Mechanical Permit Application
· Plumbing Permit Application
· Individual Home Builders Disclosure Statement
· Items that are exempt from Building Permits